Note: the translations are not official, only the English version is official.
|This is an official Incubator policy.
You may edit it, but please discuss major changes on the talk page first.
ایہ انکوبیٹر کیتے پالیسی ہے۔
تساں ٻئے حصے اتھ ݙیکھ سڳدے ہو:
- Incubator:Policy/Test wiki info page (see #Marking test languages)
- Incubator:Requests for deletions (see #Closure or deletion)
- Incubator:Administrators (see #Administrators)
What Wikimedia Incubator hosts
- The Wikimedia Incubator hosts tests of new language editions of the following Wikimedia projects:
ویکیپیڈیا (سابقہ "
Wiktionary (سابقہ "
Wikiquote (سابقہ "
Wikibooks (سابقہ "
Wikinews (سابقہ "
Wikivoyage (سابقہ "
- Incubator does not host a test project which is not in the list above (i.e. the proposals on meta:Proposals for new projects).
- The following Wikimedia projects have to be made somewhere else:
نویں ٹیسٹ زبان شروع کرݨ
- See Help:Manual for more information.
- You can start a test language of the projects mentioned above, regardless of whether you have a request at Meta, though it is recommended to ask first for confirmation through the page Incubator:Requests for starting a test. It is not required to have a proposal at Meta, but without one, your test will not be able to get an own wiki.
- تہاکوں ایہ کرݨاں پوسی:
- Project: see #What Wikimedia Incubator hosts
- Code: a valid ISO 639 code. An ISO 639-1 code, if it doesn't exists, an ISO 639-3 code.
- Main Page: the word "Main Page" in your language. To make linking easier, it is recommended to be the same as the MediaWiki message "mainpage" (translatable at Translatewiki.net).
- ٹیسٹاں دی تندیر Template:Tests.
- Projects must match main m:WM:LPP requirements: project must not already exist, be unique language and have a valid language code.
Closure or deletion
Common reasons for test deletion
- If a test does not have a valid ISO 639 language code, it should be deleted.
- You may only propose a deletion of a test language which does not have a proposal on Meta or is rejected by the langcom.
- If it is rejected, the test can be kept for future proposals when the requirements are fulfilled (if this is possible), or else it should be proposed for deletion.
- If a project is given final approval, the test's pages will be imported to the new subdomain wiki. All pages should be deleted, except the info page, where a notice will be added (see Incubator:Policy/Test wiki info page for further information).
Test deletion procedure
Whilst on Incubator
- All article pages in a test have a prefix of the form "project/langcode/", for example "wp/en/" for English Wikipedia.
- Images cannot be uploaded to Incubator; they must be uploaded to Wikimedia Commons. (Note that this means that uploading is disabled.)
- Templates and categories must be prefixed as the articles.
- All test languages will be marked with a template as explained on Incubator:Policy/Test wiki info page.
- Whilst on Incubator, you may apply for test adminship. This gives you a few admin rights (to delete and to block users) on your test.
See Incubator:Administrators#Test-administrators for the policy of this.
Marking test languages
- There are different templates which are used on the info pages in order to mark the status of the test wikis, you can find all information at Incubator:Policy/Test wiki info page.
You can find the policy about administrators, bureaucrats etc. on Incubator:Administrators.
- If there is sufficient reason to (e.g. vandalism), a user technically able to block may block a user for any timespan appropriate for the action.
- Users are not allowed to use multiple accounts, unless it is a bot or otherwise explicitly stated to be used for a specific purpose.
Usage of namespaces
|Main (+ talk)||only for test wikis, all pages must be prefixed|
|Template||all templates must be prefixed, except a few templates that are used for general Incubator purposes (like Template:Policy)|
|Module||all modules must be prefixed, except a few templates that are used for general Incubator purposes (like Module:Test wikis)|
|Category||all categories must be prefixed, except a few categories that are used for general Incubator purposes (like Category:Maintenance:(all))|
|Incubator/Help||only for general Incubator purposes (like this page)
|File||no local files, only via Wikimedia Commons|
|Lost||no longer in use|