Welcome to Wikimedia Incubator!
At the right there are some important links, and here are some tips and info:
- If you haven't created a user page yet, please create one with for example Babel templates on it.
- You can select your interface language in your preferences.
- If you make articles, templates or categories, don't forget to add a prefix!
- If your knowledge of English is good, you can help with translating pages to other languages you know, so more people can understand them!
- If you want to translate the interface, please go to Translatewiki.net and follow their instructions.
-- Welcoming Bot 05:27, 26 January 2021 (UTC)
The name of the Paiwan language in itselfEdit
I see that you have made some contributions to the Incubator in Paiwan.
What is the best way to write the name of this language in the Paiwan language itself? Online I found "Pinayuanan", "Vuculj", and some other variants.
- @Amir E. Aharoni Good day there! Yes, I've been working on it for a while. For this question, it seems a bit complicated that we will need to have a discussion on it. If there's something new, I will leave you message about it here. Thank you.Ripunn (talk) 13:03, 8 April 2021 (UTC)
Hi! For now, it seems pinayuanan is a better way to say Paiwan language in Paiwan. Because the word "vuculj" can only represent one part/group of Paiwan people and language.
Besides, I also update some Paiwan lexemes on Wikidata sometimes. But it seems that I cannot add Paiwan description due to the invalid language code. We need to get our own Wikipedia site with pwn code and later we can then get back to update Paiwan description on Wikidata. Is it how it works? Or if there is something more we can do now, please tell us. Thank you!Ripunn (talk) 07:00, 2 June 2021 (UTC)
- You don't need to get a whole Wikipedia to add lexemes, but you do need the language to be either supported fully as one of the UI languages in MediaWiki, or as a special language for lexemes in Wikidata. Both things require a change in code and a deployment. The good news are that I added Paiwan as a full-fledged UI language to the code on May 31, so if all goes well, this will be deployed to Wikidata on June 9, so you'll be able to use on June 10. So just wait patiently for a few more days :)
- Also, since you're around, can you please take a look at User talk:Iyumu#Paiwan namespace names? Amir E. Aharoni (talk) 07:13, 2 June 2021 (UTC)
Yes, thank you! That is perfect. We will go add our description on Wikidata then. And for the namespace names, we are on discussion now. Will tell you right a way when we are done with it.Ripunn (talk) 07:23, 2 June 2021 (UTC)
Hi! Here are the translation of namespace names in Paiwan. Please check it.
|Namespace name||In Paiwan|
|Media||kipusalimaliman ta siljingasan|
|User||avan a kipakamanguanguaq|
|User talk||avan a kipakamanguanguaq_kakaljavaran|
|File||sineqetj a vecik|
|File talk||sineqetj a vecik_kakaljavaran|