Welcome to Wikimedia Incubator!
At the right there are some important links, and here are some tips and info:
- If you haven't created a user page yet, please create one with for example Babel templates on it.
- You can select your interface language in your preferences.
- If you make articles, templates or categories, don't forget to add a prefix!
- If your knowledge of English is good, you can help with translating pages to other languages you know, so more people can understand it!
- If you want to translate the interface, please go to Translatewiki.net and follow the instructions.
-- Welcoming Bot 16:50, 16 February 2014 (UTC)
I decided to block your account for 3 days due to probably destructive actions on Lakota test Wikipedia (mass creation of pages without meaningful content). I hope your work for that wiki will be more constructive after return to editing. Thanks, --Midnight Gambler (talk) 21:46, 8 April 2014 (UTC)
P.S. Sorry for the late notice.
- Um, well, those "probably destructive" pages are drafts that were supposed to get expanded on later. Lkt doesn't have a template to indicate that the pages are still in progress. I'm doing work step-by-step because it's more efficient; since lkt isn't a 'real' Wikipedia yet, I didn't think it would be a problem.
- I'm not super familiar with Wikipedia's rules, but I believe one of them goes something along the lines of 'assume good faith.' Huh. And if we're taking about being 'constructive,' I fail to see how telling me my work is ridiculous falls in that category.
- Will I be unblocked, and if so, will I be allowed to further create similar pages, given that I plan on expanding them? Waagosh (talk) 23:07, 8 April 2014 (UTC)
Mass-generated linguist articles on Wp/lkt edit
Hi Waagosh, are you still around? In April 2014 you mass created several hundred pages on Wp/lkt about linguists. Few of these folks have any connection to Lakota or even Siouan languages. You noted in your response to the block that you planned to expand these pages, but that didn't happen. In the interest of cleaning up the wiki, I was planning to request the deletion of these pages, since they clutter several views of the wiki, artificially inflate the article count, and are unlikely to be expanded. Would you object?
There is a small group that is planning to develop the Lakota Wikipedia, and it would be great to have another active editor if you wanted to jump back in!