User talk:Nirajan pant
Welcome to Wikimedia Incubator!
At the right there are some important links, and here are some tips and info:
- If you haven't created a user page yet, please create one with for example Babel templates on it.
- You can select your interface language in your preferences.
- If you make articles, templates or categories, don't forget to add a prefix!
- If your knowledge of English is good, you can help with translating pages to other languages you know, so more people can understand it!
- If you want to translate the interface, please go to Translatewiki.net and follow the instructions.
-- Welcoming Bot 02:30, 18 November 2014 (UTC)
डोटेली विकिमा भौत भौत स्वागत छ | edit
@Nirajan pant जी, तमलाई डोटेली विकिमा भौत भौत स्वागत छ | तम हाम सबै मिलिबटि येलाइ आघा बढुन सकिन्या हो | -Janak Bhatta(talk) 05:35, 28 April 2016 (UTC)
कौपातोमी हेरिदिय edit
विषेश बार्नस्टार edit
|डोटेली विकिपीडियामी आफ्नो भौत भौत परिश्रम गरिबरे झिकै लेखहरुमी योगदान गर्याहुनाले तई मिहिनेतको कदर स्वरुप तमरो पृष्ठमी यो अलङ्कार प्रदान गद्द चाहानौ।-- Ramesh S.Bohara(✉✉) 14:46, 3 January 2017 (UTC)|
Your admin request edit
I don't see where there will be a problem, assuming nobody from your test community objects over the five day waiting period.
However, if you're going to be a test-admin, let me point out to you that moving user pages the way you did with your own is not best practice. Your user account is in the Latin-alphabet version of the name—and that is where I will flip the rights switch when the time comes. In principle, somebody might actually come and try to create a user account with the Devanagari version of the name, and then you'd be in a big mess. What I think you can do to try to mitigate this is:
- Move page back to the Latin version.
- Create the user account in Devanagari as a legitimate alternate account. (You may need to ask me to delete the post-move redirects on the Devanagari pages first.)
- Then move the page back to the Devanagari name.
- Only edit from the Latin account.
Look, it may not be a problem, as I think the risk of someone coming in and trying to scoop up a name illegitimately is lower in Devanagari than with a Latin-alphabet name. But you want to be careful about things like this. StevenJ81 (talk) 16:36, 12 February 2017 (UTC)
Additional item 14:24, 20 February 2017 (UTC) edit
Hi. I need to point out to you that right now, you are listed as a test-admin for Wp/dty only. In theory, you should not be doing things requiring the administrator tools at Wt/dty. In practice, your page deletion was fine. But I'd encourage you to formally put in to expand your role to Wt/dty, for two reasons:
डोटेली विकिपिडियामी तमरा योगदानो लागि अथक मेहनती बार्नस्टार edit
|अथक मेहनती बार्नस्टार|
|डोटेली विकिपिडियामी तमले गर्या योगदानको लागि तमलाइ यो अथक मेहनती बार्नस्टार प्रदान गरिया छ । भविष्यमी लै इसोई योगदानको अपेक्षा गरिया छ । -Janak Bhatta (talk) 07:19, 23 March 2017 (UTC)|
Username vs. userpage edit
- move your userpage (+ talk) back to the real username User:Nirajan pant
- on Meta, request User:Nirajan pant account renaming to User:निराजन पन्त, therefore you can use it properly
- register the User:निराजन पन्त account, therefore you can use it properly
Current situation is not possible as it is confusing and insecure.
— Danny B. 13:29, 11 April 2017 (UTC)
A barnstar for you! edit
|The Admin's Barnstar|
|डोटेली भाषाको विकिपीडियालाई अहिलेको अवस्थामा पुगाउन तपाईंले दरो योगदानका साथ एक कुशल प्रवन्धको भूमिका निभाइ रहनु भएको छ । तपाईंले गरेको योगदानको कदर स्वरुप तपाईंको पृष्ठमा यो अलंकार राखिएको छ । Rameshti (talk) 15:08, 15 April 2017 (UTC)|
MF-Warburg has completed exporting the test wiki to the new location, so you should be good to go. Just a couple of things from here:
- Have a final check in the coming days to make sure you think everything is ok.
I am going to remove the test-admin right from your account in about two weeks.You will keep yours because of Wt/dty. But please build that project up!
- Test-admins do not automatically become administrators on the new project. To become an administrator, you need to do the following:
- Create an "RfA" page (the equivalent of I:RFA or m:WM:RFA) and open a nomination there. It needs to run at least seven days.
- When seven days are up, go to m:SRP and ask the stewards to give you administrator rights. As long as there are no objections at the local wiki discussion, they will do that.
- Administrator status in small and startup wikis is always temporary. Stewards usually start people off with three months, but if you mention that you were a test admin here, they might let you start with six months.