Latest comment: 4 years ago by FarisJamal in topic "Empowering Indonesian local languages"
- Help & FAQ
- Manual (to create a wiki)
- Community portal
- Editing help
- Language support
- <translate> Sandbox</translate>
Welcome to Wikimedia Incubator!
At the right there are some important links, and here are some tips and info:
- If you haven't created a user page yet, please create one with for example Babel templates on it.
- You can select your interface language in your preferences.
- If you make articles, templates or categories, don't forget to add a prefix!
- If your knowledge of English is good, you can help with translating pages to other languages you know, so more people can understand it!
- If you want to translate the interface, please go to Translatewiki.net and follow the instructions.
-- Welcoming Bot 13:39, 23 September 2017 (UTC)
Unfortunatelly, this doesn't look like an actual project main page, but rather copied project portal page in the wrong place, would you please re-write that? --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 07:31, 2 September 2018 (UTC)
Alright, I will make it better right away, thanks --FarisJamal (talk) 10:03, 2 September 2018 (UTC)
"Empowering Indonesian local languages"Edit
Hi. That's completely fine; we encourage that. But ... we don't want a lot of placeholder pages for projects that aren't really going to be worked on, either. So ...
- If you think projects will be worked on by communities of speakers, fine.
- If you're going to be the main participant in some of these, please focus on one or two at a time, and don't create a lot of placeholders.
- Please make sure all pages in these projects are actually in those languages. It's OK for a main page to have both Indonesian and the native language, but these pages must not be solely in Indonesian.
Any questions, please let me know. StevenJ81 (talk) (Incubator administrator) 15:49, 4 September 2018 (UTC)
- Hi, StevenJ81 I'm already trying to engange the Malay Bali and Kerinci speaker communities to support and build placeholder pages to be better. I hope those placeholder pages are going to be worthwhile and not be in vain. The Balinese Malay and Kerinci are Malayic languages, as well as Indonesian so that there are similarities in the vocabulary between them. I make sure that these project pages (Wp/mhp and Wp/kvr) are in those languages. I appreciate your advices. Thanks in advance. FarisJamal (talk) 03:30, 5 September 2018 (UTC)