|This is the userpage of a user who was a member of the Wikimedia Foundation staff or served as a contractor to the Foundation. In order to maintain a historical record, it has not been deleted. However, any contact information given may be incorrect, as this user is no longer employed at the Foundation. To contact current Foundation staff, please see Category:Wikimedia Foundation staff or Staff and contractors. If you need assistance identifying the proper staff to contact about an issue, please contact answerswikimedia.org.
Jean-Philippe (JP) Béland, CD, B.Eng, RMC
Movement Strategy and Governance Facilitator, Wikimedia Foundation
- Since 2006 I am a contributor to the Wikimedia projects, administrator/bureaucrat on different Wikimedia projects, also been a steward in the past.
- In 2012 I created the international group Wikimedia Indigenous Languages, that later became Wikimedia Language Diversity.
- From 2016 to 2018, I was the Vice President of Wikimedia Canada.
- In 2018 I founded the Wikimedians of North American Indigenous Languages User Group.
- In 2018 I was hired as an independent contractor by Wikimedia Canada as Institutional Advancement Manager.
See my user page as volunteer contributor: User:Amqui
As of December 2022, I am a facilitator part of the Movement Strategy and Governance team for North America (US & Canada), specifically for English Wikimedia projects and Meta-Wiki.
Disclaimer: I work for or provide services to the Wikimedia Foundation, and this is the account I try to use for edits or statements I make in that role. However, the Foundation does not vet all my activity, so edits, statements, or other contributions made by this account may not reflect the views of the Foundation.