|Babel user information|
|Users by language|
|Template:Flag||၀.၉၃၂||၂၀၀၇ (compiled on the basis of 2005 data)|
|Template:Flag||၀.၉၀၉||၂၀၀၆ (compiled on the basis of 2004 data)|
|Template:Flag||၀.၇၉၉||၂၀၀၅ (compiled on the basis of 2004 data)|
- Includes data for mainland People's Republic of China; excludes Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (SAR) (separately ranked), Macau SAR and the Republic of China (Taiwan).
- Also known as Congo-Brazzaville and previously simply as Congo.
- Also known as Congo-Kinshasa.
- As the UN does not recognize the Republic of China (ROC) as a state, the HDI report does not include data for "Taiwan, Province of China" (the term used by the UN to refer to the domain of the Republic of China; see Political status of Taiwan). The ROC's government calculated its HDI as of 2005 to be 0.932 based on the following data: life expectancy of 77.4 years; adult literacy rate of 97.3%; combined gross enrollment rate of 100%; and GDP per capita (PPP) of US$28,552. If it were included in the UN's HDI figures as of 2005, the ROC would rank 23rd as same as Israel. Template:Cite web
- The UN did not calculate the HDI of Macau. The government of Macau calculates its own HDI as of 2004 as 0.909. If it were included in the UN's HDI figures as of 2004, Macau would rank 25th (behind Greece and in front of Singapore). Template:Cite web
- The Institute for Strategic Studies and Prognoses (ISSP), in Podgorica, issued a study on Montenegro in collaboration with the UNDP. Template:Cite web
- The HDI of Serbia was not calculated by UNDP. Template:Cite web