Defence of the wikipedia in ancient greekEdit
There is a discussion about it, with a passional defense of our proyect in the board of language subcommittee titled Latina Wikipedia closing and hellenic wikipedia opening that is currently continued in the list of wikimedia title Allow new wikis in extinct languages?. if you want to susbcribe to the list enter here. you can help providing good arguments to get a reconsideration
Kurów on GRC TestWikiEdit
PS. Article about Kurów is already on 168 languages. If you do that, please put interwiki link into English version. If your village/town/city hasn't on PL wiki, I can do article about it. (I'm first author of requests) Pietras1988 TALK 19:01, 11 April 2007 (UTC)
Χαῖρε Leighe. Nice work so far on all your contributions. I couldn't help noticing a grammatical infelicity on the pages of the gods. The predicate of the indirect statement needs to be accusative. I always remember that the thing before the verb 'to be' and the thing after the verb 'to be' are always the same case. Thus, for example:
- Oἱ Ἕλληνες οἱ ἀρχαῖοι ἐνόμιζον τὴν Ἀθηνᾶν εἶναι ἡ τε τῆς σσφίας καὶ τοῦ πόλεμου θεά. (as written)
- Oἱ Ἕλληνες οἱ ἀρχαῖοι ἐνόμιζον τὴν Ἀθηνᾶν εἶναι τὴν τῆς σσφίας τε καὶ τοῦ πολέμου θεάν. (changed)
Oreibates 20:43, 9 May 2007 (UTC)
How to write with the Greek fonts?Edit
Desire to collaborate, but not how to write with the Greek fonts...
Kind regards, --GeorgeosDiazMontexano 08:40, 11 May 2007 (UTC)
- What is your operatig system? AndreasJS 20:28, 16 June 2007 (UTC)
Hi, very nice job writing that article about the UK. It's one of the better articles on the attic wikipedia, probably better than my one about belgium. However completely out of the blue (I was looking for information about albania) I found out that the isle of britain was called Ἀλβιών in Ancient Greek times, even though Woodhouse's dictionary states it's Βρεττανία (but I suppose that was used in the koine-time), while Βρεττανίαι (or Βρετανίαι ir with a Π in stead of a Β, I couldn't really find out for sure) was used for the Brittish Isles. So my question is, wouldn't it be more correct to use Ἀλβιών?
- In reply to your reply: Some research: the Massaliote Periplus & Pytheas definately use Ἱερνη & Αλβιων for the individual islands. The inhabitants are grouped as Πρεττανοι. And Pytheas speaks of the pretanic isles to group the islands (αι Πρετανικαι νησοι, oddly with only 1 τ, 167 google hits to none). Apparently αι Βρεττανιαι was also used for the island group, but I couldn't really find classical attic authors doing so, so I guess it's from times that latin had a higher influence and I doubt it was used before Diodorus introduced the name Πρεττανια, though it might always be possible. It seems to me that the nameshift only took place once caesar had visited britain. As mentioned Diodorus introduced Πρεττανια, though I couldn't find out what he means by it (britain or all the islands). Strabo uses Πρεττανικη (with 2 τ's) for britain, while Πρετταναι & Βρητταναι are used for all islands. Plinius sr. uses the name Albion, be it in latin. Ptolemy uses Αλουιον (albion in latin, apparently he thought a w-sound was closer to a b-sound than a v-sound)for britain and Britannia (Βρεττανια or Πρεττανια?)(don't know for sure if it should be singular) for all the islands. So I believe it would indeed be better to change the title of the article to Ἀλβιών, and perhaps mention the evolution of the koine terminology between brackets. Nychus (talk) 17/8/2007 22:25 CET
- I did some corrections and I added some information in some articles. I logged in Betawiki, but after that all the rest is in Finnish. How I could help with the translations? Neachili, 21 August 2007, 22:48 (EET).
- Thanks for the information. I read that the translation of the interface must be done to become a "real" Wikipedia. So, if I can help, I shall do it. Thanks again. Neachili, 22 August 2007, 11:51 (EET).
Ancient Greek at BetawikiEdit
Hi LeighvsOptimvsMaximvs. You have done some translation work on the MediaWiki messages at Betawiki. I was wondering if you were still going to work on them and if we should maybe commit the currently changed messages to Subversion so they will be used everywhere. Please let us know. Cheers! Siebrand 11:34, 28 August 2007 (UTC)
500 most used Mediawiki messagesEdit
hello. we must effort to complete the translation of mediawiki messages, to ancient greek, specially of the 500 most used:
it is and important goal to succeed.
You can help Omnipaedista with the localization of interface, for example Voctrain, Betawiki, Mwlib.rl, project list, Fuzzybot, Mantis and Free cool messages (that i think are very easy to translate). Thanks. Crazymadlover.
Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Ancient Greek 4Edit
Hi there, I noticed that you have been participating in the ancient greek incubator wikimedia community. Would you like to participate in the proposal for making the ancient greek Wikipedia happen? Thanks Gts-tg (συζήτηση) 19:25, 28 Φεβρουαρίου 2016 (UTC)