- 13 July 2017: Dinka Wikipedia has been created.
- 5 July 2017: Dutch Wikinews has been reopened.
- 23 June 2017: Kabiye Wikipedia has been created.
- 14 June 2017: Atikamekw Wikipedia has been created.
- 24 April 2017: Dotyali Wikipedia has been created.
- 14 April 2017 (from Multilingual Wikisource): Punjabi Wikisource has been created.
- 11 August 2013: Tuvan Wikipedia and Vietnamese Wikivoyage have been created.
- 16 May 2013: Venetian Wiktionary and Greek Wikivoyage have been created.
- 27 March 2013: Hebrew Wikivoyage and Ukrainian Wikivoyage have been created.
- 11 February 2013: Project specific logos can now be enabled through a gadget, in addition to the test-wiki-specific setting.
- 6 February 2013: Minangkabau Wikipedia, Sanskrit Wikiquote, Romanian Wikivoyage, Polish Wikivoyage (and from outside of Incubator: Korean Wikiversity) have been created.
- 3 January 2013: Spanish Wikivoyage, Portuguese Wikivoyage (and from outside of Incubator: Assamese Wikisource) have been created.
- 1 September 2012: Creation of a Wikimedia mailing list dedicated to languages-related topics: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 25 July 2012: A series of new features has been added to the Wikimedia Incubator to make it more user-friendly, such as Special:IncubatorFirstSteps for newcomers. See the news page for others.
- 7 May 2012: A proposal to disable uploading on smaller wikis. Does not affect Incubator, as local uploads are already disabled, but interesting for new wikis.
- 27 March 2012: Lezgi Wikipedia (and from outside of Incubator: Gujarati Wikisource, Belarussian Wikisource, Slovenian Wikiversity) have been created.
- 24 February 2012: MediaWiki 1.19 deployment
- 21 February 2012: International Mother Language Day: IRC office hour about language support
- 6 February 2012: The Translate extension has been enabled on the Incubator. Translators can now translate in an easier interface at Special:Translate.
- 1 February 2012: Veps Wikipedia, Punjabi Wiktionary (and from outside of Incubator: Marathi Wikisource) have been created.
- 28 December 2011: Our look back at the year is published.
- 23 December 2011: MoodBar feedback is working now.
- 12 December 2011: WebFonts font embedding enabled (see Help:Fonts); improved search; possibility to view users by testwiki
- 15 November 2011: Narayam input methods were enabled (see Help:Typing)
- 9 November 2011: Northern Sotho Wikipedia (Wp/nso) has been created
- 8 October 2011: There has been Wikipedia meetup in Aachen (Germany), in which some Incubator admins participated.
- 28 September 2011: Oriya Wiktionary (Wt/or) re-opened
- 27 September 2011: MediaWiki 1.18 deployment
- 21 September 2011: You can now use an automatic babel infobox instead of a template.
- 25 August 2011: We now have user preference statistics.
- 24 August 2011: The extension has been updated. Now all non-existing info pages display default welcome pages.
- 9 August 2011: All files are now moved to Commons. Only our logo is left.
- 12 July 2011: The Mingrelian Wikipedia (and from outside of Incubator: Arabic Wikiversity) have been created.
- 25 June 2011: The Closing projects policy is adopted.
- 6 June 2011: The Incubator extension has been enabled. There is now a test wiki preference and recent changes per test wiki.
- 2 June 2011: Wikimedia Incubator exists for five years now!
- 13-15 May 2011: The Language Committee (and developers) have met in Berlin
- 9 April 2011: wn/el has been created
- April 2011: See meta:User:SPQRobin/Closing projects for a policy proposal for Proposals for closing projects
- 18 March 2011: Latgalien Wikipedia, Kabardian Wikipedia and wn/sq (and from outside of Incubator: ws/sa, ws/sah and ws/eo) have been created
- 23 January 2011: Rusyn Wikipedia has been created
- 15 January 2011: Wikipedia celebrates its 10th anniversary
- 13 November 2010: Gagauz Wikipedia, wb/li, wn/eo and Palatine German Wikipedia (and from outside of Incubator: ws/br and ws/vec) have been created
- 17 October 2010: wn/fa, Komi-Permyak Wikipedia, Banjar Wikipedia and Western Mari Wikipedia have been created
- 19 August 2010: Northern Frisian Wikipedia and wn/ko have been created
- 2 June 2010: Incubator exists for 4 years
- 19 March 2010: Karachay-Balkar Wikipedia has been created
- 24 December 2009: Picard Wikipedia (wp/pcd) has been created
- 25 September 2009: The LocalisationUpdate extension has been enabled
- 12 August 2009: Several wikis have been created (Central Kurdish Wikipedia, Western Punjabi Wikipedia, Mirandese Wikipedia, Achinese Wikipedia, wn/tr)
- 9 July 2009: The Mari Wikipedia (wp/mhr) has been created at http://mhr.wikipedia.org/ – contribute now!
- 2 June 2009: Wikimedia Incubator exists for three years now!
- 3 April 2009: The gadget AddPrefix is available on Special:Preferences that automatically adds a prefix on page creation
- March/April 2009: A tool is being created at http://toolserver.org/~robin/?tool=proposewiki that should make it easier to start a new test
- 5 March 2009: The Pontic Wikipedia (wp/pnt) has been created at http://pnt.wikipedia.org/ – contribute now!
- 24 November: The Egyptian Arabic Wikipedia (wp/arz) has been created at http://arz.wikipedia.org/ — contribute now!
- 03 November: We now have a mailing list - subscribe then you'll receive important news and discussions.
- 11 September: The translator group has been created
- 11 September: The maximum number of subpages allowed to move at one time, has been extended from 100 to 500
- 23 August: The idea for a translator group has come up
- 9 August: An interesting feature request on Meta has been proposed: m:Flood flag to allow admins to temporarily hide their actions on recent changes
- July: Contribute to discussion about the new community draft of the language policy. The policy deals with opening wikis for our current projects in new languages.
- 10 July: The sidebar has been changed so the search box is at the top of the sidebar.
- June: We are migrating Main Pages from "Wx/xx" to "Wx/xx/Main Page". Please move the Main Page of your test project!
- 2 June: Incubator celebrates its 2nd anniversary since its creation on 2 June 2006!
- 1 June: The Main Page has been redesigned and can be translated.
- 27 May: BetaWikiversity has been proposed to be closed.
- 26 May: 15 new wikis have been created.