The WikimediaIncubator extension is an extension of MediaWiki designed to extend the usage of the Wikimedia Incubator. The main developer is SPQRobin, with the other bureaucrats helping out occasionally to ensure that the extension works well.
Go to your preferences and set the "test wiki" preference (below the language setting) to the wiki you are working on. Select the Wikimedia project and enter the language code.
Now the sidebar has a section "Wx/xyz" depending on your entered wiki. It includes links to the main page and recent changes of your wiki, as well as a random page within your wiki.
The logo will also change to the respective project. When working on a Wikipedia, the Wikipedia logo will display on your test wiki pages.
- The Special:IncubatorFirstSteps page is implemented to assist newcomers to join the Incubator.
- A clarification of the Incubator test wiki preference.
- A very basic introduction of the
- The front infopage is now able to automatically detect for an existing Main Page in the test wiki.
- The default Vector skin is available in high definition.
On 25 April 2012, Mediawiki 1.20wmf1 has been deployed to Incubator.
- MediaWiki:Wminc-error-help used as link target in several messages (MediaWiki:Wminc-error-unprefixed, ...).
- Test wiki content language is now always the language code of the prefix (Wp/xyz pages will be take the "xyz" language code).
- Wx/xyz info pages use the user interface language as content language.
- Slightly improved title for unrecognized language codes on info pages: Wikipedia "xyz" (unknown language code).
On 24 February 2012, MediaWiki 1.19 has been deployed to Incubator. Here are a few highlights especially for Incubator:
- Magic words now function according to test wiki's language, so you no longer need to create templates to fake the functionality of e.g. CURRENTMONTHNAME
- WebFonts menu shows font names relevant to test wiki's language, it e.g. shows Assamese fonts on Wq/as/বেটুপাত
- The LanguageConverter (as for e.g. Serbian and Chinese) functions according to test wiki's language
On 27 September 2011, MediaWiki 1.18 was deployed to Incubator. If your language uses a different script, especially a right-to-left (RTL) one, like Arabic, please read the following.
All pages of a test wiki in a language recognised by the software, will be marked as such. This means e.g. Wt/arz (Egyptian Arabic Wiktionary) will be marked as
lang="arz" dir="rtl" class="mw-content-rtl", so the text direction will be automatically right-to-left, also while editing. The table of contents, bullets, etc. will display properly.
For languages not (yet) recognised by the software, like Wp/ayl (Libyan Arabic Wikipedia), it is set to lang="en" dir="ltr". To circumvent this, you can put
<div dir="rtl" class="mw-content-rtl"> before the content and
</div> at the end of the page.