This page explains or links to explanations for special terms related to the Incubator and requests for new languages.
If you were looking for any term which is not explained here, or have any questions, please let us know.
|A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z|
- conditionally approved
- (obsolete) See eligible.
- development wiki project
- See test wiki.
- final approval
- See approved.
- info page
- A page on Incubator, in the name format "Wx/xxx" giving an overview of a test wiki and its language and status (see Incubator:Policy/Test wiki info page).
- language code
- An ISO 639 1-3 code used for the subdomains (like zu.wikipedia.org or kr.wikiquote.org) and Incubator prefixes (like Wp/nso or Wb/jv).
- Language committee (langcom)
- The body responsible for approving language editions of Wikimedia projects according to the language proposal policy (see meta:Language committee).
- language proposal policy
- The rules which govern the approval of new language editions by the language committee (See meta:Language proposal policy).
- language edition/version
- A wiki site for a Wikimedia project (like Wikipedia) in a specific language (like the English Wikipedia or French Wikisource). Wikimedia projects exist in numerous language versions (e.g., Wikipedia exists in over 270 languages).
- Two meanings:
- A project is a set of wikis dedicated to producing a certain kind of content, often across many language editions. This includes Wikipedia, Wiktionary, Wikibooks, Wikiquote, Wikinews, Wikisource, Wikiversity and Wikivoyage.
- (uncommon) An individual wiki, normally called a language edition or subdomain.
- status page
- A subpage of m:Language committee/Status (like m:Language committee/Status/ws/mr) which shows an unofficial summary of a request's progress towards approval. Nowadays, the status pages are not necessary anymore with the new proposal template, which includes the requirements on the specific requests pages.
- test project
- test wiki
- A language edition that does not have its own subdomain yet, and is hosted on the Incubator, multilingual Wikisource, or Beta Wikiversity; these are wikis belonging to requests for new languages.
- Two meanings: